Old February 20th 12, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Blackfriars has re-opened

"David Cantrell" wrote in message
k...
Blackfriars underground station has re-opened a week early.

Or depending on point of view only 10 weeks late, which is a slight advance
on the planned 11 weeks late announced in December!

All the same, photos I've seen online, and plans I downloaded a while ago,
suggest a massive amount of building work to form the new underground
structures (and back of house facilities) either side of the platforms has
been undertaken. AIUI the decision to defer opening was very last minute,
so does anyone know the root cause?

Paul S