Old February 20th 12, 02:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Blackfriars has re-opened

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

This is beginning to sound awfully like the mess that was created at
Southwark LU / Waterloo East when South Eastern stuck a new gateline
in. There is a special Oyster charge levied to allow people to walk
through Southwark to reach the street. The reverse situation applies
here with the exit route via FCC's station although I guess you can
argue that people should walk across the road bridge and enter at the
right ticket hall rather than use FCC's platforms as a walking route.

Is the Southwark situation really a 'special charge' though, or is it the
same as what you'd be charged if you entered and left any station in the 2 -
30 min bracket? This is what we discussed regarding Blackfriars after FCC
mentioned on their website that using their station as a thoroughfare would
incur a 'penalty'. We came to the conclusion that it was no different to
any other station - just that people aren't in the habit of walking straight
through in most places. But apparently there are posters at Canary Wharf
advising of a 'pass through' charge?

Paul S