Old February 21st 12, 12:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Blackfriars has re-opened

On Feb 20, 10:48*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"David Cantrell" wrote:

Blackfriars underground station has re-opened a week early.

Or depending on point of view only 10 weeks late, which is a slight advance
on the planned 11 weeks late announced in December!

All the same, photos I've seen online, and plans I downloaded a while ago,
suggest a massive amount of building work to form the new underground
structures (and back of house facilities) either side of the platforms has
been undertaken. * AIUI the decision to defer opening was very last minute,
so does anyone know the root cause?

Dunno, but you're right about the massive building works - the new
'ceiling' above the platforms looks like a considerable structure. All
rather different from the Blackfriars LU of old.