Old February 23rd 12, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default Blackfriars has re-opened

On 20/02/2012 10:38, David Cantrell wrote:
Blackfriars underground station has re-opened a week early.

It's still a pretty unpleasant place to change from tube to NR, as I
found out yesterday.

The tube station is indeed much improved and has a new set of escalators
up to ground level, replacing the old ones. But then to get to the
Thameslink platforms, instead of the old staircase of half-a-dozen short
flights, there is a new staircase. I suppose the only advantage is that
the new one is a straight run, so you can see how long it is (equivalent
to going up to the 3rd floor, I'd guess). There is a lift, but I didn't
consider it as I was in a hurry to catch a train. I suppose there may
be escalators planned, but I couldn't work out where they might be located.

--
Clive Page