Old February 21st 04, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Rich Martin Rich is offline

Default Capital Travel cards

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:36:20 +0000 (UTC), Osiris Luxor
wrote:

Hi
What are Capital Travel cards and were can I find some info on them
and I am right in saying they allow you to travel on overground trains
in the same way as travel cards allow you to travel on the tube within
certain areas

In the very early days of travelcards, the ordinary travelcards didn't
cover British Rail services, as they then were, but you could buy a
'Capitalcard' which could be used on British Rail. At some point the
'Capitalcard' name was dropped and the standard travelcards extended
to include British Rail and its successors. This happened around 1987
so you have picked up some rather out-of-date information

Martin