Old February 23rd 12, 08:16 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Plans to start Croxley Rail Link services in 2016

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:24:38 -0800 (PST), 77002
wrote:

On Feb 23, 6:22*pm, Andy wrote:
On Feb 23, 5:38*pm, 77002 wrote:

On Feb 23, 12:53*pm, Andy wrote:

On Feb 23, 11:59*am, wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:14:47 -0000

"Peter Masson" wrote:
"burkey" wrote

Plans to start Croxley Rail Link services in 2016

The formal (Railways Act 2005) closure notice for Watford LUL station has
now been published. Any objections must be in by 12 April, though actual
closure will not take place until the Croxley Link is open, expected in
2016.

I expect the residents of the new estate next to the station who no doubt
BOUGHT BAsed on proximity to the tube are going to be mightily miffed.

And even more miffed with their solicitors, if the plans for the
existing station to close were not bought to their attention before
buying?

The nearest tube station is quite some distance. *I guess it would be
Edgeware?

Not that I mentioned tube stations but, if you are going to be
pedantic, it would help if you could get the name Edgware correct!!
Stanmore is closer to Watford Met anyway.- Hide quoted text -

Boltar mentioned "Tube" station. Your post was a convenient point to
join the conversation.

Thank you fot the correction of "Edgware".

I did wonder if Stanmore, or Rainers Lane might be closer.

I've never heard of "Rainers Lane" (it's certainly not in London), but
wouldn't Harrow & Wealdstone on the Bakerloo line be nearer?