Old February 24th 12, 02:47 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Miles Bader Miles Bader is offline

Default cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

David Lesher writes:
I usually have a rule that if I can pay by cash for smaller purchases
then I do that.

Why? If you get points for every purchase, why not charge everything
you can? That's what I do.

Because I like my privacy. Marketers LOVE people who leave big wide trails.

Not to mention that using cash makes spending money somewhat more
visceral, which I kinda like... keeps spending down a bit maybe.

I find the U.S. credit/debit-card obsession just sort of weird...

-Miles

--
Innards, n. pl. The stomach, heart, soul, and other bowels.