Old February 24th 12, 01:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 22:20:56 +0900
Miles Bader wrote:
"Roger Traviss" writes:
Not to mention that using cash makes spending money somewhat more
visceral, which I kinda like... keeps spending down a bit maybe.

I find the U.S. credit/debit-card obsession just sort of weird...

Other than a few toonies and loonies (Google if you don't know what they
are) in the glove compartment for parking meters and they are not really
required as most meters take credit cards, I never carry cash.

Wacky!

He must be one of those bloody annoying people who insist on paying for
a 2.50 sandwich with a credit card and causing a huge queue of ****ed off
hungry customers behind him.

B2003