Old February 24th 12, 06:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Chris Read[_2_] Chris Read[_2_] is offline

Default London Bridge - Paddington by cab

If I arrive at London Bridge (National Rail) at 07.14 next Wednesday,
how would you rate my chances of getting to Paddington, by cab, for
the 07.45 departure to Cardiff?

I will need to pick up my ticket from a machine at Paddington, unless
I can do that in my four minute connection at Lewes.

What route might the cab take to minimise time? I'm guessing the Vic
Embankment and Euston Road are best avoided at that time of day, but
am thinking the driver might stay south of the river to beyond
Waterloo, then come up Vauxhall Bridge Road*, Buckingham Palace Road,
Park Lane and into Paddington via the Lancaster Gate direction?

Finally, I will have an Anytime Standard ticket. Can I excess this to
an Anytime First on the train, or will they try and issue a PF or
insist on purchase of a brand new Anytime First ticket?

Thanks,

Chris

* Or Horseferry Road and into Vic Street - that one seems to run quite
smoothly.