Old February 24th 12, 08:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default London Bridge - Paddington by cab

"Bruce" wrote in message
Chris Read wrote:
The Jubilee platforms at London Bridge are a bit 'journey to the
centre of the earth', and the headways are generally dire, at any time
of day, if the trains are running at all. 12 months of commuting to
Canary Wharf (2007) put me off the Jubilee for life, but maybe things
are better now.

There is always the Northern Line to Moorgate or Kings Cross/St
Pancras, then the Hammersmith and City Line to Paddington.

Either has to be quicker than a taxi from London Bridge to Paddington.

Then there is the LUL/taxi option with the Northern Line to Euston and
a short taxi ride to Paddington ... ;-)

Why go down into the Northern? Thameslink to Moorgate then Circle. I
suppose it depends on the connection given the (in) frequency of Thameslink.

But whether using a taxi or public transport I'm with those who don't think
this connection is something I would rely on.

As far as a taxi route is concerned I'd leave it to the driver, just tell
him your dilemma and leave it to him. I haven't got the new layout for
taxis at Paddington established in my head yet but it might be worth telling
him the train is planned to use platform 9 in case that affects where he
drops you.