Old February 25th 12, 10:33 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Freight on the Metropolitan Line?

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 00:38:52 -0800 (PST), 77002
wrote:

On Feb 24, 10:15*pm, "
wrote:
On 24/02/2012 11:01, Recliner wrote:

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:54:05 -0000, "Paul Scott"
*wrote:

*wrote in message
On 23/02/2012 22:01, D DB 90001 wrote:

It was probably just a service train for the infrsatructure. Freight
service on the Metropolitan line ended late 50s/early 60s, though somebody
else here will know better than I.

The description is exactly right for an S stock delivery train.

I found this S Stock delivery train pic online:
http://www.railwaystoday.com/wp-cont.../Class-20s-on-...

Where would the S-Stocks be coming from, remind me?

BTW, when are S7s due to come into revenue service? I have seen some
stations on the District Line fitted with car markers and S7.

Last I read, LUL were not accepting more "S" stock, until problems
with existing deliveries are resolved.

That was the case for a few weeks, but deliveries have resumed.