Old February 25th 12, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Freight on the Metropolitan Line?

In article
,
(77002) wrote:

On Feb 24, 10:15*pm, "
wrote:
On 24/02/2012 11:01, Recliner wrote:

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:54:05 -0000, "Paul Scott"
*wrote:

*wrote in message
On 23/02/2012 22:01, D DB 90001 wrote:

It was probably just a service train for the infrsatructure. Freight
service on the Metropolitan line ended late 50s/early 60s, though
somebody else here will know better than I.

The description is exactly right for an S stock delivery train.

I found this S Stock delivery train pic online:

http://www.railwaystoday.com/wp-cont.../Class-20s-on-

Where would the S-Stocks be coming from, remind me?

BTW, when are S7s due to come into revenue service? I have seen some
stations on the District Line fitted with car markers and S7.

Last I read, LUL were not accepting more "S" stock, until problems
with existing deliveries are resolved.

My latest information suggests that deliveries have resumed after the pause.

--
Colin Rosenstiel