Old February 25th 12, 03:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Adam H. Kerman Adam H. Kerman is offline

Default cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

Neil Williams wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:01:19 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Hand cash over - walk out. If you can do that faster with a credit
card then I'd be interesting in hearing your technique.

You *always* have correct change?

I try to have my pennies ready, at least. With today's metal prices,
they cost the federal government more to mint than their face
value, so I do my part to keep them circulating. But plenty of
merchants tell their cashiers to leave out pennies on the counter or
accept whatever pennies are offered, even if one or two short.