Old February 25th 12, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Blackfriars has re-opened

"lonelytraveller" wrote in
message
Ok, I've had a gander, and 4 questions strike me:

(b) The tube station has fire exits from the platforms. Why does the
fire exit on the Westbound platform go down, when the fire exit on the
Eastbound platform goes up?

I have some downloaded planning drawings for this stuff, and the difference
seems to be that the east bound side goes up to an emergency exit at the
Queen Victoria street level, but the westbound side heads off underneath the
rail station's basement level, with an emergency exit to the street at a
similar level to the platforms, possibly at the level of the embankment -
Upper Thames St maybe? (There is another short staircase further down the
passageway which raises the passageway back up to approximately platform
level.)

Paul S