Old February 25th 12, 04:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default Trip report: Stratford

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 14:59:57 on Sat, 25 Feb
2012, tim.... remarked:
They say "any permitted" or "Not HS1" where that indication ONLY applies
the "single use" part of the ticket. It is irrelevant to any travelcard
element of the ticket, which (as you have been told) is never valid on
HS1.

So if the chap was correct in saying there were "&HS1" Travelcards, you'd
have to bail out to the tube/overground/etc at Stratford on the inbound
journey (having arrived at Stratford on a Javelin from Kent)

Or is there some misunderstanding about the existence of such tickets?

I don't think he is right in saying that there are some routes with "+HS1"
tickets (as in a single main ticket, not an add on) but as I (obviously)
haven't checked all the possibilities there might be.

But if there is, the same rule would apply that the +HS1 is only applicable
to the single through journey to/from Ebbsfleet to London and would be valid
to either StP for Stratford for one single journey (per direction of
ticket).

Though one thing I don't know (and have been meaning to try for ages) is,
can I break my journey at Stratford (to visit the shopping centre) and then
continue later to StP (which would be my intended destination whenever I buy
super expensive ticket)?

tim