Old February 25th 12, 08:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
John Levine John Levine is offline

Default cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

Not actually come across any contactless credit cards in the wild yet.
On-line you need a different PIN, aka a security code.

I have a contactless AmEx in the U.S. which I can tap at the till in
my local Wegmans supermarket (sort of like if Waitrose was owned by a
family of Italian-Americans) and many convenience stores. Wegmans
don't require a signature up to $50, tap or swipe.

I really don't understand the resistance of US banks to chip+pin
cards. Very few issue them, primarily for people who travel to other
countries. Visa and MasterCard say that all their acquirers have to
support chip+pin by April 2013 but I'll believe it when I see it.

R's,
John

PS: Don't waste time arguing with Adam, unless you fancy a battle of wits
with an unarmed opponent.
--
Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",