Old February 25th 12, 11:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

On 25/02/2012 21:52, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 19:02:04 on Sat, 25
Feb 2012, " remarked:
UK credit cards and proximity cards are different things.

They are "converging things". I don't know of any post-payment proximity
cards that aren't also conventional credit cards. But only a few
conventional credit cards have the proximity technology.

Barclays Bank, IIRC.

Barclaycards, which were at one time all VISA, but I have a Barclay
Mastercard, just to prove it's possible.

I was referring to the fact that Barclays Bank apparently offers the
proximity service with its card.