Old February 26th 12, 03:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

In message , at 11:12:33 on Sun, 26 Feb
2012, Alan Larsson remarked:
http://consumerist.com/2008/02/apple...agreement.html

I'm not reading that article, irrelevant to your situation.

To summarize the article, they can ask, but not record any info under
California law.

And they aren't routinely allowed to ask, under the merchant agreement.

I think that anything that happens after initial denial and the call
into the authorization center changes the concept of what is and is not
allowed by the merchant agreement.

Perhaps; if anyone has a copy of the merchant agreement, maybe they can
comment.