Old February 26th 12, 05:25 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Freight on the Metropolitan Line?

On 26/02/2012 17:13, Recliner wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 13:26:27 +0000,
wrote:

Charles wrote:

wrote:
" wrote:
The doorway designs on the S-8s are such that it is difficult to stand
next to them the way one would on an A-stock train.

When is D-Day for the A-stocks, BTW?

And, as I understand: Gone are the high backed seats,

Gone are a lot of seats.

I can't really see the point of this for the Metropolitan. The
Circle/Hammersmith and City, yes. The District, perhaps. But these
trains appear completely unsuited to Amersham and Chesham services
because of their comparative lack of seating and its comparative lack
of comfort. How anyone could select such trains for the Metropolitan
simply beggars belief.

Ah, the wonders of PPI schemes... Of course, initially the lack of
seating was justified by the higher frequency and shorter running
times that were planned to be introduced at the same time, thanks to
the new signalling system

.... which isn't even up and running yet. Brilliant how they were able to
do that in the Jubilee line, part of which runs parallel to Metropolitan
line tracks, but not on the latter.