Old February 27th 12, 04:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Adam H. Kerman Adam H. Kerman is offline

Default cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

Stephen Sprunk wrote:

(Debit card transactions are _not_ removed immediately in the event of a
dispute, which is a significant difference.)

The debit has already occurred, so procedures with credit cards are
irrelevant. A chargeback by the clearinghouse to the merchant's account
isn't possible. The amount must be refunded.

Federal protections for debit card users are minimal. I don't have
such a card, and I don't have an ATM card either. For the purpose of
consumer protections in federal law, an ATM card is a type of debit card
even though it is not a medium for general purpose purchasing.