Old February 27th 12, 05:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
John C John C is offline

Default London Bridge - Paddington by cab

"Chris Read" wrote in message

Another option is to bale at Gatwick (06.41) onto the GatEx (06.50),
arrive Victoria 07.20. Six minutes later into zone one, and risking a
change - and a Wessie! - but that much nearer to Paddington. Although
GatEx struggles to keep to a 30 minute timing in the peaks, which
unnerves me somewhat.

Still, twenty minutes in a cab should be sufficient for Victoria -
Paddington, especially as I don't mind running from the last set of
traffic lights or wherever. It's a fairly swift jaunt up Park Lane and
Edgware Road, normally. I can pick up my tickets in the +9 connection
at Gatwick

On a good day the 36 bus would make it from Victoria to Paddington in the 25
minutes available (I've done it in 15) so a taxi ought to make it.

I need to be in Splott, about a mile from Cardiff Central, for 10.30.
The 07.45 gets into Central for 09.48, and the 08.15 for 10.21. The
world wouldn't end if I was ten minutes late - it's not a job
interview - so my thoughts were to aim for the 07.45 (and walk at the
Cardiff end), with the 08.15 (and cab at the Cardiff end) as a back
up. I just have a nagging feeling that if I try this, I'll narrowly
miss the 07.45 (which will run perfectly), whilst the 08.15 will be
cancelled or heavily delayed, as often seems to happen when you're
already cutting it fine.....

The 0715 is the dodgy one because it gets cancelled if they are short of
sets. The 0815 rarely gets cancelled unless the service has fallen apart.

John