Old February 28th 12, 02:54 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Freight on the Metropolitan Line?

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 14:24:50 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:44:06 +0000
Recliner wrote:
Can't remember offhand. I think I read it in one of the railway mags.
Still, its quite wide, though with the low floors the doors curve in at
the bottom and I don't reckon that'll be a comfortable place to stand in
crush conditions.

It can be wider as the carriages are shorter.

I doubt even carraiges that short could be that wide on NR though its
a pity NR don't get over their aversion to articulated vehicles so the
sections could be shorter and hence wider and we could have true 3+2 seating
instead of 2+2 plus an extra seat for anorexics or dwarves.

Yes, I don't understand NR's aversion to articulated stock. It's
common elsewhere in Europe, and works well -- spacious and
smooth-riding.