Old February 28th 12, 07:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Adam H. Kerman Adam H. Kerman is offline

Default cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

Roland Perry wrote:
at 14:13:12 on Tue, 28 Feb 2012, Adam H. Kerman remarked:

I suppose the devices used in restaurants wouldn't survive being
dropped onto a hard surface outdoors.

Not inevitable. I wonder if they work after being flushed down the
toilet or thrown in a barbecue ?

Dude: The article YOU CITED said that the spec included surviving being
dropped on a hard surface from waist height.