Old February 28th 12, 09:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Plans to start Croxley Rail Link services in 2016

On Feb 28, 10:34*pm, Jamie Thompson wrote:

On Feb 28, 12:40*pm, Garius wrote:
[...]
I thought that Watford Met would remain for stabling purposes, so the
track and junctions will not go, and perhaps the station will remain
usable for diversions. The official replacement for the existing
Watford Met station is likely to be a new Ascot Road station on the
diverted line.

Yes, they're keeping it for stabling. The plan is to strip the old
station and reuse as much as possible though (machines, barriers, you
name it) at Ascot Road though if I remember, so doubt that'll remain a
usable diversion site.

Sure it will. A few members of staff dotted about with portable Oyster
machines will suffice for those rare, rare occasions when it needed to
be used. Such is the benefits of Oyster as a system

There's no such kit that does that at present - Oyster validators for
Tube/rail journeys are all permanent installations (gates or
standalone readers). But one could have a single standalone Oyster
reader I suppose - though there wouldn't be much point if the station
wasn't still certified for passenger use