Old February 29th 12, 08:01 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

In message , at 20:25:31 on Tue, 28 Feb
2012, Adam H. Kerman remarked:
I suppose the devices used in restaurants wouldn't survive being
dropped onto a hard surface outdoors.

Not inevitable. I wonder if they work after being flushed down the
toilet or thrown in a barbecue ?

Dude: The article YOU CITED said that the spec included surviving being
dropped on a hard surface from waist height.

Then I'm not sure why you said they wouldn't, or is there something
special about outdoor hard surfaces?

(I didn't read the detail of the article).