Old March 4th 12, 05:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Phil[_6_] Phil[_6_] is offline

Default cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

Mizter T writes:

On Feb 26, 7:40Â*pm, Goalie of the Century wrote:

In message , Graeme Wall
writes

Tescos in UK have a facility to "Pay at Pump" Â*You insert your credit
card and enter PIN and then fill up and drive off.

All the Tescos I've seen also have a shop and the option to pay there
instead but I recently came across an ASDA that was entirely unmanned.
[...]

There are some about in the UK - the justification is that they are
monitored by the store's CCTV system and on-site security staff, but
I've also read some misgivings about this practice from Fire Bridage
types.

Un-manned petrol stations are quite common on the continent. Tescos are
pay at pump only at night.

Must admit I prefer pay at pump, so much faster, saves locking the
car. I like the Asda ones, you don't get someone leaving the car on the
pump and come out with 2 carrier bags full of stuff they should have
gone into the shop for.

Phil