Old March 4th 12, 07:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Graham Nye Graham Nye is offline

Default card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster(and Octopus?)

On 04/03/2012 19:18, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 17:28:38 on Sun, 4
Mar 2012, Graham Nye remarked:
A lot of credit card holders use them in effect as charge cards, as a
substitute for the "monthly credit" that the middle classes used to get
from tradesmen.

Before my time but, given the interest rates on credit cards, how else
would you use them if you are in a position to clear the debt on them
each month?

It's a cashflow issue. My main reason for using credit cards is because
I'm paying for travelling expenses that will get billed to a client.

Well, fair enough. I was thinking of domestic usage, as your initial
comment implies.

--
Graham Nye
news(a)thenyes.org.uk