Old March 4th 12, 08:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Phil[_6_] Phil[_6_] is offline

Default cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

Roland Perry writes:

In message , at 19:51:56 on Sun, 4 Mar 2012,
Phil remarked:
Un-manned petrol stations are quite common on the continent. Tescos are
pay at pump only at night.

On the Continent? I've done many pay-at-pump transactions at Tesco in
UK during the day.

I said un-manned petrol stations, the only un-manned, i.e. no shop, I
have come across in the UK are ASDA. Have never seen a Tesco petrol
station without a shop.

If Tesco have unmanned stations on the continent, how are they not
pay-at-pump during the day?

AFAIK Tesco do not have filling station on the continent, they are a UK
supermarket.

Many continental filling stations are un-manned and of course are
pay-at-pump at all times. There is no other way to pay. Some ASDA petrol
stations are like this, i.e. no shop, no card then no fuel.

All the Tesco filling stations I have been to have pay-at-pump as an
option, but have a shop where you can pay by cash. Tesco filling
stations do operate unmanned overnight however.

Phil