Old March 5th 12, 06:37 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

In message , at 21:59:48 on Sun, 4 Mar 2012,
Phil remarked:
most firms will now only accept payment by debit card.

I find plenty will accept a credit card.

But very few will accept a cheque.

That's true, but there's a local shop we go to regularly which does.
It's only the larger chain stores which have "banned" them by decree.