Old March 7th 12, 06:54 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

In message , at 23:41:19 on Tue, 6 Mar 2012,
Phil remarked:
Amex Cards are treated as a credit card by retailers, due mostly to
what it costs them, even though they are, usually, charge cards.

Many of them are credit cards now.

True, but I would never have one personally. So few places accept them,
they can seriously limit your choice of places to eat when away on
business.

I've never found it to be a problem. If a meal is expensive enough to
pay by card, I generally find they accept Amex. But I have other cards
too.

Acceptance for travel is very good; there's a bill here (busy month)
with entries for:

obRail: Virgin West Coast and Eurostar
Air: Easyjet, BMIbaby, Emirates, KLM, Flybe, Swiss
Hotels: Geneva, Prague, Brussels, Schiphol.

The full itemisation of flights for the airline ticket purchases is
especially useful. A shame the train companies can't tell them what
tickets I bought too.