Old March 8th 12, 01:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
mark townend mark townend is offline

Default Why The Circle Line?

On Mar 8, 9:49*am, "Ian" wrote:
"mark townend" wrote in message

On Mar 6, 6:14 pm, D DB 90001 wrote:

I agree that it would be costly, but not as costly as a new circle line.. .
. . .
In addition, building a new line would require a lot of new stations,

Agreed all this would be very expensive and disruptive. Removal of all
the flat junctions [......snip....]

Anyway purely for my own interest I've drawn up some of these ideas,
and any constructive comments from the group would be most welcome!

See my proposals here -

http://www.townend.me/files/circlenorth.pdf

With a spelling error, and a punctuation error, in the very first sentence
of that document, I cannot see anyone with clout bothering to read any
further, no matter how laudable the prposals seem to be.

Thank you for checking my document. I've made changes & uploaded a new
version.
http://www.townend.me/files/circlenorth.pdf

--
Mark