Old March 9th 12, 11:08 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
77002 77002 is offline

Default Why The Circle Line?

On Mar 9, 11:46*am, mark townend wrote:
On Mar 8, 5:54*pm, "Railsigns.co.uk" wrote:

On Thursday, 8 March 2012 15:56:21 UTC, Ian *wrote:
"mark townend" wrote in message
On Mar 8, 3:23 pm, "Ian" wrote:

Better. Try again. Hint: remember a shirt has ONE Collar and TWO Sleeves.

Revision 2
http://www.townend.me/files/circlenorth.pdf

I suspect it may be necessary to do Revision 3..... )
--

Are there *any* words in the English language where a double "C" makes an "S" (as opposed to a "K" or "X") sound? I doubt there is.

Was completely blind to this one - I think I may have accidentally
clicked ignore in spell-checking.

One other thing: Use of the ampersand (&) should be confined to titles and headings, etc. In normal text, you should always write the word "and" out in full.

Ampersands removed as suggested.

http://www.townend.me/files/circlenorth.pdf

Your H&C and Circle Line descent from Edgware Road to Baker Street may
be impractical. The existing route already descends steeply.

The better solution would be to simplify the District Line. If a
future Chelney Line could replace the Wimbledon Branch, operation of
the Western end of the Circle becomes much simpler. A few District
Line Trains might run to Ken High Street.

Also, be aware that TfL are real touchy about folks utilizing "their"
roundel. IMO, the roundel should be in the public domain. It has
been around since the London General Omnibus Company.