Old March 9th 12, 04:08 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
mark townend mark townend is offline

Default Why The Circle Line?

On Mar 9, 12:08*pm, 77002 wrote:
On Mar 9, 11:46*am, mark townend wrote:

On Mar 8, 5:54*pm, "Railsigns.co.uk" wrote:

On Thursday, 8 March 2012 15:56:21 UTC, Ian *wrote:
"mark townend" wrote in message
On Mar 8, 3:23 pm, "Ian" wrote:

Better. Try again. Hint: remember a shirt has ONE Collar and TWO Sleeves.

Revision 2
http://www.townend.me/files/circlenorth.pdf

I suspect it may be necessary to do Revision 3..... )
--

Are there *any* words in the English language where a double "C" makes an "S" (as opposed to a "K" or "X") sound? I doubt there is.

Was completely blind to this one - I think I may have accidentally
clicked ignore in spell-checking.

One other thing: Use of the ampersand (&) should be confined to titles and headings, etc. In normal text, you should always write the word "and" out in full.

Ampersands removed as suggested.

http://www.townend.me/files/circlenorth.pdf

Your H&C and Circle Line descent from Edgware Road to Baker Street may
be impractical. *The existing route already descends steeply.

Alternatively, an overpass over Baker Street Junction, constructed in
a shallow cut & cover, possibly with the road above raised marginally
to accomodate if neccessary.

The better solution would be to simplify the District Line. *If a
future Chelney Line could replace the Wimbledon Branch, operation of
the Western end of the Circle becomes much simpler. *A few District
Line Trains might run to Ken High Street.

The conflict at Baker Street wouldn't go away though. Districts
removed from Edgware Road might allow enhancements of H&C/Circle
frequency!

Also, be aware that TfL are real touchy about folks utilizing "their"
roundel. *IMO, the roundel should be in the public domain. *It has
been around since the London General Omnibus Company.

Well i'm not making any money out of this. If they ask me to remove it
I will.

--
Mark