Old March 9th 12, 06:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Phil[_6_] Phil[_6_] is offline

Default card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

John Levine writes:

Really? I've been doing business travel for nearly 15 years, and I've
_never_ run into a place on any of those trips that didn't accept my
(corporate) AmEx.

Do you travel outside the US much? In Europe, everyone takes MC/V,
only higher end places take Amex, like it used to be in the US.

In the UK, provided you pay the man, then Amex is accepted easily.

If however you want to stay somewhere independantly owned, such as a pub
where there are locals and some craic going on around the bar, rather
than a soul destroying corporate hotel where the bar only sells
fizzy pop, then Amex is a problem.

As Brewers law states, the quality of the beer is inversely proportional
to the price.

Phil