Old March 9th 12, 10:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Stephen Sprunk Stephen Sprunk is offline

Default card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster(and Octopus?)

On 09-Mar-12 11:29, John Levine wrote:
Really? I've been doing business travel for nearly 15 years, and I've
_never_ run into a place on any of those trips that didn't accept my
(corporate) AmEx.

Do you travel outside the US much?

A fair bit, but not as much as within the US.

In Europe, everyone takes MC/V, only higher end places take Amex, like
it used to be in the US.

On business trips, I stay/dine at "business class" establishments, which
all seem to take AmEx. I wouldn't consider most of them "higher end",
but that's a matter of perspective.

On personal trips overseas, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the
budget-oriented places I stay/dine don't take AmEx, but I never checked
since I was using a personal V/MC card or cash.