Old March 11th 12, 04:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

In message , at 20:21:10 on Sat, 10 Mar 2012,
Phil remarked:
As Brewers law states, the quality of the beer is inversely proportional
to the price.

Hmm, I don't think I've _ever_ lived in a place where that's true...

It is almost always true, posh hotels very rarely sell proper beer, and
if they do it use usually something bland and not very well kept. It is
usually just lager and keg beer.

Go to a local pub however and the beer will be proper, often local.

And the cheaper beer in that local pub won't be as good as the more
expensive beer.

The only general rule is that "places with a high average price" might
be serving worse beer, but even that is suspect. I went to a lovely
rural pub for lunch a couple of weeks ago, and the beer was well kept
and delicious. The only problem was they wanted £4/pint for it. A week
later I was paying under £2 a pint in a City Centre pub, for beer that
was pretty much the same quality (but certainly not noticeably better).