Old March 12th 12, 08:47 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarle H Knudsen View Post

I go in to Westfield shopping centre for 25mins to pick
up a gift and immediately return to Stratford station and tap back in
but am confronted with two problems of which are (1 I missed a direct
service to Tottenham Hale and the next isn't for an hour and 2) the
London Overground is suspended because of long term power supply
problems since 12:00 midday so I can't travel via Highbury & Islington
and the Victoria Line. So to the only alternative route to return to
Walthamstow Central is to go in via Liverpool Street and Zone 1.

You could also have used bus 69 and avoided any changes.

--
jhk
As a local resident, I think I know why the OP did not consider that option! Leyton High Road has been sabotaged and the journey takes forever.

What the OP's lament really proves is that the Victoria Line should be extended the two miles to Leytonstone Underground. It would make life so much better for so many people . . . . and the Olympics are coming and there is likely to be a massive shortage of public transport capacity.