Old March 12th 12, 04:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Phone roaming in the US and Canada was card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

In message , at 12:59:18 on
Mon, 12 Mar 2012, Clark F Morris remarked:
If you have an out of country phone in either Canada or the United
States, the roaming costs to go to the other country are noticeable.
I'm going to pay 40 dollars of 100 minutes of air time in the US for
one month so that I don't get hit with really bad roaming charges.

Is that a special tariff that allows cheaper overseas roaming if you pay
so much for domestic airtime?

In the UK, a typical plan will be 200 domestic minutes and virtually
unlimited texts, and virtually unlimited calls to the same mobile
network - for about $20.

Within either the US or Canada, most carriers are nationwide so far as
roaming is concerned.

I'm getting that message. Understood!