Old March 13th 12, 08:18 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Phone roaming in the US and Canada was card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

In message , at 04:55:58 on
Tue, 13 Mar 2012, Charles Ellson remarked:
Here in Victoria, if you are down by the waterfront, you may get hit by
roaming changes for even a local call.

Why? Because your call gets picked up by a cell tower in Blaine, Washington
State. :-)

That has been alleged to have happened on English south coast
shores/beaches which are screened from the local transmitter by high
cliffs but within range of French base stations.

I've had that happen to me near Dover, but I didn't make any calls!