Old March 14th 12, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.telecom.mobile
Paul G Paul G is offline

Default "Virgin Media wins London Underground wi-fi contract"

In message , Steve Terry
writes
Mizter T wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17373523

Extract...

---quote---
The contract is only for ticket offices, escalators and platforms
because it would have required major construction work to have added
connectivity to the network's tunnels.

From July 2012 all Tube passengers will initially be able to connect
to the internet for free.

After the Olympic and Paralympic Games it will be a pay-as-you-go
service.

Bloody BT Openzone, Sky the Cloud, and now Virgin have carved up
what was free wifi, now it's only free for their customers.

Eh? How do you make that out? Wifi hasn't even been available on the
Underground (excluding very limited trials) until now. And I certainly
wouldn't want my ticket price to rise to pay for it!

--
Paul G
Typing from Kentish Town