Old March 15th 12, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.telecom.mobile
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default "Virgin Media wins London Underground wi-fi contract"

In message , at 09:54:16 on
Thu, 15 Mar 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:
Will this mean all Londoners buying a Pay as you go Virgin Sim?
I think it will!

Not all of them - if you're on Virgin already you'll not be changing.
If people only want travel info then they'll get that for free. It
will be interesting to see what the scope of that "travel info" will
be - tube? bus? rail?

As a Virgin mobile customer I'm quite happy to see this deal as being
able to check ahead for bus departure info will be very helpful.

I wonder if the wifi's going to be "completely free", or will you have
to buy[1] some "Virgin data" for the day in question, with the wifi part
of it being free?

It could even be that the wifi costs the same per byte, but is "free" in
the sense that you don't have to pay any extra to 'roam' to wifi.

[1] eg a day @50p on the PAYG plans. (I know there are some plans with
(eg) 1GB/month bundled in.)