Old March 15th 12, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
Bill Bill is offline

Default Bloody traffic police at accidents

In message , d
writes
Some accidents on the M25 and A40 this morning basically gridlocked
most of west
london thanks to plod taking their own sweet time to clear up the scene. Does
it really warrant closing a major road for 3 bloody hours (and counting) just
to take notes of a car crash? Once the casualties have been ferried away ,
take some photos and push the vehicles onto the side of the road until they
can be towed away. What is the bloody problem with plod in this country? Why
does even a modest accident have to be a ****ing "crime scene"? Have they
really got nothing else better to do with their time?

B2003

Looking at it from a different angle. Your loved one is killed in a
crash and when it comes to coroners court the police say, we are not
sure what the exact reasons were, we have a few photos but no detailed
measurements and samples because we pushed everything out of the way and
destroyed the physical evidence.. So you never get a definitive answer
of what happened.

Or you have a crash and kill someone, you are prosecuted for causing
death by, you of course say you did not and that this that and the other
happened. But again the police only have a few photos and conflicting
witness statements, no hard facts. So you end up in jail.

It may be an inconvenience to you and others, but it can save a lifetime
of doubt and uncertainty, or a life changing criminal record, or not,
for those involved.

--
Bill