Old March 16th 12, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On 16/03/2012 10:10, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:34:43 +0000, Graeme Wall
wrote:

On 15/03/2012 20:44, allantracy wrote:

If it is 13 years late by your reckoning it was 1994 when it ought to
have been approved - but it was not - by a Tory government.

The previous study that made as far as a Bill were presented in 1991
to a Tory gov finally rejected in 1994 by a Tory gov.

How do you think now then ?

Well therein lies the difference

Tories said we're not doing it and doing it they did not.

New Labour said we are doing it and doing it they did not.

Providing you ignore all the years of preparatory work that has been
going on before they could get to the point of unleashing the TBMs.

Goodness are you telling me that design, statutory approvals and
consultation, property purchase, procurement, utility works and
mobilisation didn't all happen in the last couple of months? I'm
shocked. I thought Justine Greening had been doing it all single
handedly.

I'm sure Boris will claim it was all his doing.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail