Old March 16th 12, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster complaints

In message
, at
11:56:21 on Thu, 15 Mar 2012, Mizter T remarked:
Oh yes, it would really have been worth spending more £ billions just
to ensure that those Olympics will run smoothly for a couple of weeks.

Ask again after the Olympics.

I see increasing panic about the transport arrangements. For example the
wifi announcement today which was hilariously conflated with talk of
travel "hotspots" where they think there's going to be half-hour queues
to get on a train, even if they can get spectators to stagger their
journeys. (And make regular travellers stay at home, of course).

I think people who are wanting to see panic about it - e.g. yourself -
are seeing just that.

The Indy report about the Virgin wifi said (and I'm now pretty convinced
this is a cut-and-paste error when a journalist Googled "Tube Hotspot":

"Spreading passengers widely over the network and avoiding
bottlenecks at significant hotspots (sic) is a crucial part of
TfL's plans for the Games.

"If people are not persuaded to stay out later, work from home
or take more roundabout routes to get to venues, hotspots
including London Bridge, Canary Wharf and Bond Street will
suffer severe disruption.

"Even if all goes according to plan, waiting times of more than
half an hour to board the Tube are expected at the busiest
stations on the busiest days of the Games.

You have seen those transport "heat maps" I presume?