Old February 23rd 04, 02:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default Whatever happened to the Mill Hill East extension?

(Boltar) wrote in message . com...
I remember a few years back there was talk of the line from MHE being
extended to Copthall Stadium. Mind you , this has been put forward plenty
of times in the past. Was this just people chucking ideas about or was/is
there a real project for this currently on hold?

B2003

I think this was a resurrected fragment of the really really big
Northern Heights project that would have had a third branch of the
Northern Line from Finsbury Park to Alexandra Palace, calling at
Highgate on the High Barnet branch, with a double-tracked supersized
crossover from East Finchley, through MHE to Edgware and hence to
Bushey Heath.

IIRC somebody on thsi newsgroup (I want to say Clive) said that there
were rumours of pushing onward from MHE in one fashion or another.

Brad