Old March 16th 12, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster complaints

In message , at 11:53:38 on Fri, 16 Mar
2012, Mizter T remarked:
You have seen those transport "heat maps" I presume?

Yes. That doesn't count as 'panic' to me, that counts as preparation.
The whole "Get Ahead Of The Games" information campaign (being led by
TfL), for instance, is about informing and preparing people, businesses
and organisations.
http://www.getaheadofthegames.com/

FWIW, Tessa Jowell, ex-Olympics minister, made the following comment in
response to concerns that London might 'grind to a halt' during the
Games:
"I’m prepared to bet my house that that will [prove to] be
apocalyptic nonsense."

It'll all depend what people mean by "grind to a halt", I suppose.
Waiting half an hour to get onto a train at a tube station isn't exactly
the *trains* grinding to a halt, but my progress as a pedestrian
certainly has.