Old March 16th 12, 04:05 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On 16/03/2012 15:01, Paul Scott wrote:
wrote in message

So your solution would be what, start building military equipment
after we've
been attacked? Btw , we don't have any carriers right now.

We have two aircraft [helicopter] carriers. HMS Ocean and HMS Illustrious.

You mean we don't have any fixed wing capability.

Because we don't have any fixed wing aircraft. Assuming the ski-jump
has been removed (wasn't the last time I saw her), it would be easy to
refit to HMS Illustrious if we had any Harriers left.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail