Old March 16th 12, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
Bill Bill is offline

Default Bloody traffic police at accidents

In message , d
writes
On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:58:43 +0000
"Richard J." wrote:
It may be an inconvenience to you and others, but it can save a lifetime
of doubt and uncertainty, or a life changing criminal record, or not,
for those involved.

Good post, Bill, and highly relevant. The A40 Gypsy Corner accident

No it wasn't, it was the usual special pleading·

I thought it fair to middling.

this morning involved a lorry and a motorcycle. One man died there.
This was not a "modest accident".

It was a perfectly ordinary accident. 2000 people die on the roads each year
in the UK. We all take risks when we drive and if I ended up dead in an
accident I wouldn't expect the half of london to be inconvenienced because
of it.

Do your relatives share this view? Not a quick yes/no, but a thought
out answer dealing with all the emotions that they will have, do you
really think that all they want to know is "he's dead" without an
explanation or would they rather know why and how, what caused your sad
demise, was it your fault, hopefully not. Or, if the detail can be
obtained they may be able to focus their grief on what actually
happened.

They manage to get the tube up and running fairly quickly when someone
falls under a train so there's absolutely no reason for a major arterial
road to be closed for almost the entire morning just because of a bog standard
road accident.

There is a slight difference in the two situations and the complexity of
the detail.

B2003

--
Bill