Old March 16th 12, 05:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Oyster complaints

Mizter T wrote:

I see increasing panic about the transport arrangements. For example the
wifi announcement today which was hilariously conflated with talk of
travel "hotspots" where they think there's going to be half-hour queues
to get on a train, even if they can get spectators to stagger their
journeys. (And make regular travellers stay at home, of course).

I think people who are wanting to see panic about it - e.g. yourself -
are seeing just that.

Maybe but I don't think it helps when the main source of information about
potential transport disruptions are media horror stories. I live not that
far from the Games and have not noticed a great deal of serious information
being circulated to encourage advance planning for the summer - there's been
nothing through my letter box for a start. Since nearly all my regular
journeys go through Stratford, which can be chaotic at the best of times,
it's understandable that people are starting to assume the worst.