Old March 16th 12, 06:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
07:37:37 on Fri, 16 Mar 2012,
remarked:
"The scheme is currently the largest civil engineering project in
Europe." Really? Bigger than the Gotthard Base Tunnel?

I see no-one answered this.

I had a go. Here's an additional comment: the Crossrail budget is
about twice the Gotthard one. How do you define "large"?

Yes, I saw that later. However, most of the difference is explained by
stations and works off the tunnel route, isn't it?

--
Colin Rosenstiel